05 Sep How to clean vomit from suede couch
No matter how many times you’ve had to do it, cleaning up the vomit of a family member or pet is not pleasant. Suede is a type of leather and is naturally porous. Vomit stains on your suede sofa may look like a mess, but it is possible to remove the stain and the odor. Use sources found in your home to remove vomit from the sofa before and return to a clean state.
Now it looks clean however my favorite sofa stinks of vomit! What I can do?
After cleaning the vomit from the sofa, an unpleasant odor may remain. Eliminating the odor that remains is another task. Here I show you some steps that will allow you to clean the vomit and remove the smell from your sofa permanently.
Repeat these steps until the smell is completely gone.
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Plastic bags
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Children and pets
- Soft cloths
- Soft scrub brush
- Spray bottle
- Remove as much vomit as possible by scraping with a spoon. Put vomit in a garbage bag and dispose of in an airtight garbage receptacle.
- Erase the stained area of the suede sofa, using a clean sponge dampened with cold water.
- Make a cleaning paste, in a container, using an enzymatic detergent and water.
- Spread the paste over the vomit stain, with a spatula. Generously apply the paste, then let it sit on the stain for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Scrape the paste off your suede sofa with the spatula.
- Soak a clean cloth in cold water and dab on the area on the suede of the sofa where the stain was. Remove the cleaning agent and any old residue from the stain. Allow the suede sofa to dry overnight.
- Open a window nearby, if possible, to cool the room.
- Clean the suede with a suede brush to fluff up the bread and fibers.
Tips and Warnings
Sprinkle baking soda liberally on the dirty area. This will remove any lingering odors left by vomit. Allow the baking soda to sit overnight, then vacuum off.
Wiping the vomit with a cloth will likely spread the stain. Scoop most of it first, then clean up.
You may also like to read how to clean suede couch.