08 Jan Motivation in children How to motivate child?
Success starts from the inner motivation that drives each one to do what they do.
Motivation is part of people, it directs their behavior. That is why saying that a child is not motivated is a mistake. All behaviors are motivated, directed by some motive or interest. It is not that the little ones are not motivated, they are, but their motivation directs their behavior towards goals that are not the desired ones.
People have an innate curiosity that drives them to learn, explore, and discover new things. So why are many children not motivated by studying?
In this sense, it is essential that as parents and educators we motivate child performance to do what was desired. So that their behavior directs them to the achievement of their academic, personal, social goals, etc. And with it to their healthy and happy development and to their personal happiness.
What is motivation?
It is the interest that boys and girls have in learning, both for their own learning and for the paths that lead them to this learning. The interest of the little ones can be acquired, maintained, or increased.
We must make children motivated towards their learning. Our work with our little ones is to awaken their interest in the process itself and in the paths that lead them to learn.
How to motivate a child?
To motivate students we must
- Provoke interest in one’s own learning.
- Direct and maintain that interest, so that it translates into a personal effort to achieve the goal.
- With this, achieve the construction of learning and the consequent academic goals.
10 Guidelines to motivate children. School motivation
- Make the child have fun. Having fun does not detract from what has been learned, it makes it enjoyable. Use the value of laughter, all people when they are bored disconnect, if they are having fun they connect and arouse their interest.
- It provokes curiosity and mystery, captures their attention and interest. Simplify what you have to learn.
- Know who you educate and give them what they need: speak their language, use examples that interest them, ask them questions, etc.
- Encourage variety and play. Children learn by playing, an activity can be attractive, but if it does not change it ends up boring.
- It favors movement, action. The nature of children leads them to move, to explore, to be active, to learn while acting.
- Make him a participant in the process, let him discover what he has to learn, that I created the learning.
- Stay motivated until the end of the learning process. If it is successful and we manage to motivate the little one for their learning, we will ensure that this serves as motivation for future learning
- Pay attention to Individualization and adapt teaching to the peculiarities of each student. Each person is unique, therefore the reasons that can lead them to take interest in their tasks are diverse and different for each one. They are even different for each person at different times.
- Start by creating interest in the activity. At first, it is more important to create interest in the activity than in the message
- It gives children meaningful learning, that makes sense and meaning. In this way, we make them interested in them.
Training and motivation, what parents look for in their children’s teachers
Teaching staff can have many qualities, but these two are indispensable.
When a teacher teaches, he has to transmit knowledge in a natural way, know and master the subject he deals with and, of course, get everyone who hears him pay attention. It is a difficult job, which requires the cooperation of both parties, with a balance necessary for the classes to flow naturally and achieve their mission.
To achieve this, the teaching staff must meet certain qualities and have certain skills that are considered essential, and which you can read here. But there are two that parents prefer to see in teachers and those that they consider the most decisive when it comes to trusting them: having good training and motivating students.
Something that connects with what we explained at the beginning, but that is responsible for being the essential engine for the educational process to work as it should. It is not necessary for a teacher to boast of knowledge, all they have to do is have enough preparation to master it and know how to transmit it. In fact, that how is extremely important, since it is useless to know without being able to teach, especially in this complicated field.
On the other hand, motivation is something both your own and shared. It is the first inasmuch as you need a motivated teacher who likes to work. And it is shared inasmuch as you must be able to trigger the attention of the students. Arouse the interest of those who attend, catch their eyes and make them focus on what is explained is not something easy; But good teachers know the methods and they know how to turn the most tedious syllabus into interesting classes.
There are many methodologies, especially some that deserve to be renewed in the times in which we live. But parents know that those teachers who possess these two skills. And qualities are the ones who can get the most out of each lesson. And what is better, make your children absorb knowledge more easily.
Not everyone is equally qualified to teach, much less to maintain that important balance in terms of the transmission of knowledge and the generation of interest in students. That is why people who are capable of achieving it are increasingly being taken into account.
You may also be interested in MOTIVATIONAL TIPS! THESE TIPS WILL HELP YOU TO ALWAYS BE MOTIVATED